ezDigital Perth offers a High Quality 'Frame By Frame' 8mm/16mm Film to DVD/Blu-ray/Video file transfer service. All films are professionally cleaned, re-spliced and leader added before the transfer process begins.
"Telecine is the process of transferring motion picture film into video form. The term is also used to refer to the equipment used in the process."
Not all telecine transfers
are the same!
At ezDigital we use the latest 'Frame by Frame' technology to digitally preserve your films to DVD, Blu-ray or SD/HD video files. This technology allows us to have full control over the film transfer process (unlike many other methods).
The advantages of an ezDigital film transfer are:
At ezDigital, we take great care with your home movies, to ensure you have a high quality digital transfer that you can view for a long time to come.
If you would like to view samples of our 'frame by frame' film transfer work, you can view our sample videos which have been uploaded to ezDigital's facebook page and shared by 'Lost Perth' - click here to watch them on our page.
Super 8 (with or without Sound)
DVD-Video (Standard Definition SD)
Blu-ray Video (High Definition HD)
SD Video files - MOV, AVI, MPG, MP4
HD Video files - MOV, AVI, MPG, MP4
SD/HD files are a great option if you want to edit your own films at home!
We're often asked whether DVD, Blu-ray or Video files are the best option - it is generally personal preference - below you can find an explanation of both methods:
DVD Video: If your main objective is to watch the material on your DVD Player & TV and store it away for future use, then DVD is a simple and inexpensive option.
Blu-ray Video: If you have a Full HD television and Blu-ray player, then our HD film transfer is the best option. As you will gain the highest (Full HD) quality from your films.
Video file (SD/HD MOV): If you would like to edit or archive the material onto a hard drive or view the material on a computer, then our SD/HD video file method is the better option - this allows you to view the material on most computers (PC/MAC) and edit it using your own video editing software, such as iMovie, Windows Movie Maker etc.
We can output the files onto your PC or MAC formatted hard drive (HDD).
• 'Frame by Frame' conversion: Films are digitally scanned frame by frame, for the ultimate in archive grade film conversion.
• Cleaned and repaired: All films are professionally cleaned prior to the transfer process. We also fix and repair all films before transferring them, including re-splicing and the addition of leader tape (if required)
• See 100% of the Frame: Our expanded gate system allows you to see more of your film, with zero hot spots or flicker - this is impossible with other conversion methods!
• Full Exposure Control: Our system allows complete control over the exposure of your films. We can correct any underexposed or overexposed sections of your film, as it is transferred!
• Full Archival standard: 24-bit 8:8:8 video scanning technology for the optimal output to disc or video files.
• Care & Attention to detail: One of our film technicians will monitor your film as it is digitally captured, to ensure the highest quality transfer possible.
• Full DVD authoring with chapters/menus: Your film will be produced to DVD with full menus, titles and chapters - to allow easy viewing of your material on your television.